Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stress, zits, and speaking your mind

Yeah, it's a pretty random subject line. That's ok by me. So, I've been a lazy blogger again- however those who know me know that I am nothing but lazy. I'm too busy to be lazy. Hmmm- that so very much reminds me of a song from Nichol's Worth..... anyways..... We are smack dab in the middle of musical season (which I LOVE)- but being in a new setting has upset my apple cart in ways I could have never imagined. I feel as though I am so behind- and yet, perhaps I'm not. I have become stressed by others. Others are MAKING me feel as though other things should be done. And I am letting them. My fault, my bad, whoopsie-poo! So, I decided to give up NEGATIVITY for Lent. I'm not real good iwth the whole Lent/religion thing- but there are a few things I try, and this is going to be one of them. it's not going that well, but it's a good effort- I guess that counts.

So yeah, the subject line. I am allowing myself to become stressed- and in my defense I totally should be stressed. I have bizarro things going on at work, a house to take care of, a job, a husband I should be makign time for, a show, a little girl to play with, responsibilities outside of school that I LOVE- then a talent show to produce and things I have and want to sing for and and and..... Dude, I am supposed to be stressed (and I wouldn't want it any other way)! BUT MAN- I am almost 33. I have to dye my hair to cover the grey, and I worry about wrinkles around my eyes. Seriously??????? Why oh why is stressing causing zits at my age???? And these sucker have their own zip code- they are out of control! And that makes me even more stressed. Sheesh- I though once you got to greays and wrinkles tou were done with zits! UNFAIR mother nature- UNFAIR!

Have you ever seen the movie Liar, Liar? It rocks. Actually, it's quite silly- but the premise is great. I've been told that I just need to speak my mind (this is funny because I never shut up- so one would assume that I already do speak my mind). However, I've been faking it (no, not that) for a long long time. So, Liar, Liar- the dude can ONLY speak the truth. Even when it isn't polite. The problem is, if I do that- the person who suggested it is going to be pretty angry! SO- Rewind your day- how many friends or coworkers would now be your enemy if you were forced to speak your mind? Food for thought. And now to bed. After I use zit cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment