Wednesday, February 24, 2010

People who FREAKING AMAZE ME!

I am blessed, because what was once a very short list, is now so much longer. Remaining on the short list is of course my immediate family (BJ, Kirsten), my less immediate family (mom, dad, lisa, and on occasion little bro Richie), and my closest friends. I am terribly missing my work "partner in crime"- my right arm, the one who completes my thoughts and takes care of all of the crap that I am incapable of and totally disinterested in. In a year or two, I plan on having her back!

And with that sadness of missing my Stef, I am amazed by the kindness of others. Ed and Reen, the busiest people I know- Reen is getting ready to open her show, with sets and props made by her and Ed, sound by Ed, light by Ed. Where was Ed tonight? At my school- putting together an entire set in 4 hours. FOUR HOURS! The two nights before he was putting parts together at his house until God knows what time. There are so many generous people in this world- but to me, time is one of the most difficult things to be generous with. Believe me- I give up a lot of time to help others- but Ed and Reen- they take the cake! So much would never get done without them!

I am also amazed by some of my new work family. I have a great "work husband" that I can rely on for anything (and his wife amazes me too for so many reasons- one of those people I aspire to be more like), the other music teacher is a sheer joy, and so easy to work with. The home ec teacher has been slaving over costumes with a smile on her face. And I can't forget the spunky art teacher, who has been teaching for many more years than I. She's in early, stays late- does extra stuff for the kids, and always has coffee on (a huge bonus!). She is a model teacher, and just a plain old hoot to be around!

Kirsten and BJ have just headed into the worst two weeks. The two weeks when mommy isn't around to play Princess Wii games with and to put Kirsten to bed. When there's no dinner on the table unless daddy makes it. I can make up for it this weekend with birthday shopping and a little cleaning (an apparently there's a snow day coming- seriously??? I have no time for that). But the resilience of a family for a few weeks- for a sake of one family member's work, hobby, and passion- well, that's pretty amazing too. Don't worry- I make up for it during marching season.

So, those are the people who amaze me. I will not cloud the happy post with the list of people who amaze me with BAD things- there are a lot of those too! For now I am very grateful for the people in my life who amaze me in a good way.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment