Sunday, February 28, 2010

Roller Coaster WARNING!

Or is it watch? Which is more severe? I never remember.

At any rate, I will be posting an official (facebook) warning. Everything is official once it is on facebook. It will read: Dear friends, family, associates, and students: If there was ever a week where I might just flip my lid, we are entering it right now. The official RIS warning would read: A definite high anxiety and monthly hormone induced tornado is currently forming over the greater Williamsport Area. Expect increased irritability along with lessened patience and absolutely NO sense of humor. Sleep deprivation and a sense of guilt and inadequacy will prevail through the week, resulting in mental breakdowns and screaming fits for no apparent reason. People should avoid contact at all costs. If you have no choice but to come in contact with Ris you should take the following precautions: allow extra time to get through to her, bring some snacks in case of an extra long tirade, have cell phone so a friend can bail you out if needed, and keep extra blankets and a flashlight on hand because, well, you just never know. The sever Ris watch is in effect immediately and is expected to last at least until March 6th, but most likely it will not be lifted until March 13th at approximately 9:30pm.

Don't get me wrong. I love my job, and all that I have to do. I have created my own standards, and thus, my own monster. Kids must be pushed, people MUST strive for success. No one should strive for mediocrity. BUT- people also need to be supportive and positive for one another. On my playground, EVERYONE plays nice. Otherwise- well, you just aren't welcome in my sandbox. There will NO backstabbing or feelings of superiority in my sandbox.

I am also suffering from a case of: seriously? why couldn't I have Kirsten during a season OTHER than musical season. Tomorrow should be HER DAY! Instead, I have an all district choir concert (stress upon stress), and my husband has a meeting for his summer show. These are our jobs- and by choice, and we love it. BUT poor Kirsten. I totally made up for it with her gifts (which in the end is unacceptable, but will have to do for now). So, yeha- tomorrow, my body is at All District, but my heart is with my baby, wanting to blow out the candles.

So with that said: I must write sub plans, fold laundry, plan a rehearsal for a NON-MUSIC SUB, plan a rehearsal for another concert- oh that's tomorrow night, find something for dinner, figure out what I am going to wear, and find the strength to not flip out of anyone- even if they DEFINITELY DESERVE IT!

Wish me luck.. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment